Dear Family and Friends,
Greetings from VERY HOT South Carolina! We have had a busy summer traveling and have a few prayer requests to update you on.
Our time in Brazil at the end of June was productive and we were able to renew our visas without a problem. Thank you for praying that God would give us strength to travel and meet people without Noah by our sides. It was an emotionally difficult trip but we saw God use our situation to encourage others to stay strong in their faith no matter what life may bring.
Thank you also for praying for our safe travels as we visited family and supporters on the East Coast during the end of July. We loved visiting and catching up with so many of you on our trip. We were encouraged and refreshed learning that we have been in your prayers for the last few months. It was a joy for us to share memories of Noah with you and talk about our son. He is so much a part of us and always will be.
Currently we are back in Columbia, preparing for the fall semester and our next son’s birth. We wanted to share with you some of our current prayer requests and ask that God would give us clear direction for the future year. We are scheduled to leave in January for 6 months to Brazil where Ben will be training Brazilian missionary candidates and teaching at a Bible school. Over the last few weeks we have learned that Ben has been given a full scholarship to school this year (including books). We are so thankful that God has provided in this way and it takes the pressure off Becky to look for a part time job. We are wondering now if it would be wise to postpone our trip to Brazil until the summer or possibly only go in January so that Ben can make use of his scholarship this next spring. We have already raised 75% of the support we need for the spring and are wondering what God wants us to do. We are excited about serving in Brazil and feel God calling us there full-time. We want to be wise stewards of our finances and of the support God has provided through you all. We ask that you partner with us in prayer as we explore the option of either waiting until next summer to go to Brazil, or going only for the month of January before the spring semester starts. Ben only has one full year of seminary left so if we stay in Columbia for the spring he will be able to graduate in May of 2008 without any school loans or debts to pay off.
We need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks, so we ask that you lift us up in prayer. As soon as we are able to, we will let you know how God has directed us. Thank you for your partnership in this ministry in Brazil.
In God’s unfailing love,
Ben & Becky Bacheller.