Dear Friends, you've probably received this as an email already, but here it is again for those who aren't on our email list.
We’d like to update you again where God has brought us this past year and where He is leading us.
The Past Year
- Our son Noah was born on January 4th! We praise God for saving Noah’s life after he stopped breathing as a newborn. He is now a healthy and energetic nine month old. God is indeed good!
- Ben has one year of seminary under his belt! It has been a refreshing time for both of us learning from the godly leaders at CIU. Ben also participated in a mission trip to
in June with our local church (he was asked to preach at two churches—in Portuguese!) Portugal
- Becky has been working as a nurse on the weekend nights and enjoying her time at home with Noah.
- We have begun a missionary candidacy training program at our local church—it has been very insightful and helpful for us as we seek to serve God long-term overseas.
- Noah keeps growing and is in the 95th percentile for height and weight! Every day he’s crawling faster and faster. He loves chasing our new kitten, Bela.
- Ben is working part time as a painter and taking three courses this semester – Evangelism, Old Testament Survey, and Homiletics (preaching) .
- Becky had knee surgery on October 4th and is enjoying a few weeks off work.
Looking to the Future…
- We are going to
, again! This time for an entire school semester (summer and fall of 2007)! Brazil
- Ben will be teaching classes at the seminary in Anápolis (same location as 2005 trip) as well as helping at a local church plant.
- Becky will be caring for Noah and spending her free moments at the local orphanage.
-That God will prepare our hearts for interaction with the seminary students and orphanage children;
- That we will be able to obtain a Visa for Noah;
-That Becky will be diligent in continuing to learn Portuguese;
Feel free to email us, call us, and/or visit our website at any time. We look forward to keeping in touch and are thankful for your thoughts and prayers.
Ben, Becky and Noah